Start | Stop

A few days after the meteor shower, the mysterious shards have been gathered up by the guards, rebels, and another mysterious faction. However, what to do with them next remains a mystery, as all known texts on their purpose are hopelessly vague. If such a text exists, we don't know where to find it.

Auditions for Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings are open! Post here to audition!

Auditions for the famous Daring Do are also open!

Six years ago, an unimaginable horror known as Tirek came to Equestria. His power was nigh impossible, requiring the Elements, the Lovers and the Alicorns all to pour their very souls into holding him. In their absence, Prince Blueblood took the crown. But, Blueblood's reign is simply a mask for the Guard's dictatorship, while rebels cling to the idea of a free republic and strange cults tout the value of freedom from any governance. With all this, why would anypony spare a thought for the comet that filled the night sky for weeks before falling?

Weather: Cloudy
Season: Spring
Who's in power right now? Traditionalists
Meteor Collected: 0%
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Twilight of Equestria Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?
Wars of Equestria
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

The Sun King
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Dec 8 2012, 01:45 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Bits: 93
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 5

Awards: None

Listening to Balthasar's explanation, Solar nodded in agreement, only for Strong Boulder to retort that he wasn't as crazy as they thought. What interested Solar about the stallion's story was that it was about Celestia, but then he registered what Strong Boulder was getting at, his face immediately showing his disbelief. "Wait a minute." he started, taking a breath. "Assuming I heard you correctly, you're saying that Celestia, the Princess of the Sun, is my mother?" he asked, and Strong Boulder had a smile on his face.

"Your situation, along with your cutiemark, are proof of that statement." Strong Boulder replied, but was taken aback by Solar's reaction. "I call shenanigans." he said, for the first time sounding annoyed. "I know my mother- I saw Blueblood's guards take her, along with my father away." he added, but noticed that none of the guards there seemed to believe him. Sighing, the pony relented a little. It was always possible he was Celestia's son, but he doubted it. "Even if I were Celestia's son- how the heck could anypony expect me to be this Sun King....I'm no alicorn- I barely know how to use my own talent, let alone how to raise the Sun." he expressed his doubt.
PM
JM95
 Posted: Dec 8 2012, 02:35 PM

Advanced Member

Bits: 49

Donate
Member No.: 8

Balthasar reclined back in his chair and smirked. "Well of course ponies other than those before you won't expect you to be the king! You haven't gone through enough character development, yet!"

"Character...Development?" questioned Volcanic Ash. "I'm not so sure I know what that means."

"You haven't gone through any, because you are a flat character! That is why you don't know!" replied Balthasar. "There is a reason as to why you're one of a countless number of random guards, after all!" Balthasar chuckled and began polishing his necklace.

Volcanic Ash looked to Strong Boulder and Shamrock. "I'm not sure whether to think Balthasar is destined to be sent to the loony bin or if he's onto something...My life has been rather uneventful..."

"I wouldn't think too hard about it. Either way, he's still insane. We know that."

"Ha!" laughed Balthasar. "Actually, I was just reading a book on literary theory on the way here! I was reading up on a section about flat and round characters and how flat characters don't-"

"I think we get it, Balthasar," said Strong Boulder.

"Anyway," continued Balthasar, "As you grow and change throughout life, you take what you have learned and apply it to your everyday situations. Your skill in your special talent can only improve if you don't even know how to use it. And with help, you can find your inner alicorn. All ponies have it, it's just a matter of whether or not you can properly channel it."

PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Dec 8 2012, 07:55 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

"Character what-now?" the golden pegasus asked, just as bemused as Balthasar's guards were at the talk about Character Development, even more so at the the prospect of flat and round characters. Deciding to block it all out, the colt looked out the window for a moment, looking at the sun before musing. "Even if you are right..." he resumed the conversation, trying to be a little serious about it.

"How does it all start? I mean...It kinda sounds like a big adventure now that I think about it." he mused, finding some way to perhaps enjoy the idea of it.
PM
JM95
 Posted: Dec 9 2012, 05:51 AM

Advanced Member

Donate

Balthasar stopped reclining and sat up straight. "The way it starts is really up to you," he said. "A lot of ponies are motivated into starting their journies by receiving some kind of revelation. You basically just found out that you are a candidate for the throne of Equestria, even more so than Blueblood. Whether or not that motivates you enough to start your journey, that's your choice."

Balthasar took a bit of food from the table and began eating it. "Now, what I see are two ways to begin your quest to become the future king of Equestria. If you're really brave, you could go public with this, but that's very, very likely to get you killed. If you did go public, though, and got enough support, you can get your throne quicker.

A much safer way to start out would be to receive some private training for a while so that you're actually ready to claim the throne when it comes to you. Then, we would be waiting for an opportunity to emerge from the shadows and catch everypony off guard, most likely when both the Guard and the Rebels are weakened enough from fighting each other. If you'd like your journey to start in some other way, please feel free to suggest it."

PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Dec 9 2012, 10:49 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

As the guards enjoyed the food, Solar listened to Balthasar explaining the possible paths. Going public about it would most certainly get him killed, he couldn't deny that. He knew that pulling stupid moves would result in death- remembering when he and Swagger went for the meteor shard. The safer one was a tad more difficult for him to think about going through with- due to the current affairs, that kind of path would most certainly require him to leave his home behind for a while. Strong Boulder spoke up, realizing the detail that Balthasar had not filled in.

"If you do choose to go through with it, you'd be safest with us- we'd be able to train you outside of Equestria, where Blueblood and his guards can't reach you." the guard stated, confirming Solar's reason for being apprehensive.

Either the risky yet efficient, or the slow but safe path. he pondered, but then sighed, looking at the fields of the farm, the memories of him and his parents working on the crops together, making sure the farm was a source of fertility among the barren desert. "I'll need some time to think about it..." he replied. It would be tough, deciding whether or not to leave his home. One one hoof, he would be able to try to bring his dream into fruition- to restore peace and harmony to Equestria. If he didn't leave, he'd have to see the world like this, finding his only solace within the farm.
PM
JM95
 Posted: Dec 10 2012, 01:18 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Balthasar smiled, got out of his chair, and put his hoof on Solar's shoulder. "Take all the time you need," he said to Solar Chaser. Then he chuckled. "We are not here to rush you, just to inform you of who you are, and when you are ready, to help you re-claim your crown."

Balthasar nodded, and the guards all got up out of their seats. "We thank you for your kindness," said Balthasar. "And I have a little something to give you, as well." Balthasar pulled a small card out of his pocket, which was a typical Joker in a set of cards, except it depicted a pony in a jester suit with a rose in its mouth and playing a guitar. "Here is my business card."

PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Dec 10 2012, 10:17 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Solar felt the hoof on his shoulder, turning to see Balthasar as the stallion pulled out a playing card. Looking at it, the colt couldn't help but chuckle at the design on the card, smiling as he looked up at the stallion. "I'll be sure to find you when I decide." he replied, looking at the card again. He was sure he could figure out where to find Balthasar with this card- but he would put alot of thought into this. Either move would be a life-changer, and it should not be taken lightly.
PM
JM95
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 03:05 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

"Si," replied Balthasar. "When you are ready, please come and find me. It would probably be your best bet to try looking for me in a port city, most likely Manehattan."

Balthasar and his crew said their goodbyes to Solar and then headed out. Once they were out of range of the barn, Balthasar cheered and began skipping happily.

"I finally have an underling! I finally have an underling!"

PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Dec 11 2012, 03:57 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Strong Boulder sighed dejectedly and looked at Balthasar. "You do realize that he won't end up being just an underling, right?" he asked, while the other guards gave Balthasar the 'are you kidding me?' look. "Unless you were trying to buck him, then yeah, he might be the underling. He doesn't seem to be the type to start things." Volcanic Ash joked, causing the guards to laugh at the sheer audacity of the comment.

Solar kept the area in mind. "Manehattan, a big city.." he said to himself while Balthasar and crew were out of range. He'd need to make preparations in advance- that way if he needed to leave, he would be able to do so quickly. Carrying stuff would be fine for him- the trip to manehattan should be a breeze if he flew. He'd need to carry water and some food, and he had to bring the meteor shard of course.

ooc: Just to add to the humor and shoot down the hetalia reference..

PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat