Start | Stop

A few days after the meteor shower, the mysterious shards have been gathered up by the guards, rebels, and another mysterious faction. However, what to do with them next remains a mystery, as all known texts on their purpose are hopelessly vague. If such a text exists, we don't know where to find it.

Auditions for Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings are open! Post here to audition!

Auditions for the famous Daring Do are also open!

Six years ago, an unimaginable horror known as Tirek came to Equestria. His power was nigh impossible, requiring the Elements, the Lovers and the Alicorns all to pour their very souls into holding him. In their absence, Prince Blueblood took the crown. But, Blueblood's reign is simply a mask for the Guard's dictatorship, while rebels cling to the idea of a free republic and strange cults tout the value of freedom from any governance. With all this, why would anypony spare a thought for the comet that filled the night sky for weeks before falling?

Weather: Cloudy
Season: Spring
Who's in power right now? Traditionalists
Meteor Collected: 0%
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Twilight of Equestria Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?
Wars of Equestria
  Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Surplus Meal
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Nov 4 2012, 04:14 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Bits: 93
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 5

Awards: None

Phew! Finally, I'm done. Solar thought as he finished flying around the farm, landing on his hooves as he had just finished the harvest, having brought the last of the ripe crops into the house and separated the stuff he'd sell and the stuff he'd keep for food.. It was hard work, but it was certainly worth it- it kept him busy and kept him fed. He was never low on food, even when he sold half of the crops. Each harvest had left him with a surplus, which he had managed to maintain and keep fresh enough.

His stomach began to growl, and the farm-pony chuckled. "I guess its time I start cooking." he said to himself, going into his house and began preparing a meal. Ok...Corn, beans, lettuce...I also have some dough left over from last night. he thought to himself as he began kneading the dough. He wasn't the most accomplished chef, but the difference between Solar Chaser and professionals was his trial and error approach. He would always try something new to see if it would work, sometimes they turn out terrible, sometimes it would be perfect.

Once he finished kneading the dough, Solar began to flatten it, spreading it and making a shell out of it in a rectangular dish. Placing the dish and the shell into an oven, Solar began thinking how his newest creation would work. "Ok...I will use the beans as soil, the lettuce as grass, corn as the rows...maybe a bit of broccoli too." he mused, organizing his ingredients and planning it out. His intention was clear, he was going to make a farm-land meal. The dish alone could provide for four, maybe five ponies. This allowed him to be self-sufficient in terms of eating.

The shell would take another ten minutes before it was ready to be filled in, and the pegasus did just that. Placing the beans and a bit of sauce for flavor, he got the 'soil' in. Cutting up the lettuce was a bit trickier, but he soon got the hang of it and laid the strips of lettuce, swiftly decorating the 'dirt' with the broccoli, corn, and lettuce before putting it back in the oven to heat it up. The pegasus sat in a chair and looked at the clock. "Ten minutes.." he mused, relaxing a bit while he waited for the meal to bake in the oven.

As he waited, he couldn't help but think of his parents, the previous owners of the farm. They had kept him confined to the farm and were strict at times, but he missed them dearly. He gritted his teeth slightly as he tensed a little, remembering when four of the royal guard had separated them, pulling his parents away. He never got an answer as to why they were taken away, nor was he told when he'd be able to see them again. All the guards had done was shove him to the ground and told him to butt out. Tears slowly fell from his eyes as he remembered this- when he became truly alone. He was scared to leave the farm after being confined to it for so long, yet he was so lonely- almost no pony came around these parts.

Standing up on his hooves, the pegasus trotted to the window, opening it to let some air in before checking the clock. "Should be done by now." he said to himself, turning off the oven and flapping his wings quickly to cool the pan. After a straight minute of air-cooling the pan, the pony took out the dish and laid it ontop of the oven, seeing the steam rise off of it. He was so tempted to just grab a big plate and eat a huge helping, but he knew it was still too hot, so he walked over to the window and gazed out to look at the clouds, leaning on the window sill to relax, although this emphasized boredom.
PM
Vergess
 Posted: Nov 10 2012, 08:08 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Bits: 86

Donate
Member No.: 2

Awards: 1

Rare indeed was any farm in Equestria grown without earth pony hooves. And all the moreso was one grown in the San Palomino. While the magic of earth ponies could tease blossoms and fruit both from a tree in midwinter, without it, forcing the sandy, salty, dry ground of the desert to push up anything other than cacti took an almost absurd level of skill and devotion.

And probably a good few irrigation hoses.

But the crops came in regularly, in so far as Swagger could tell from his occasional visits. So far, he had had no luck in terms of finding the farmhoof who ran the place. A young pegasus, the nearest neighbors assured him.

But it seemed that this year, luck was with him, for leaning out of the window was a young, yellow face, and unless he was sorely mistaken, those were wings hiding in the shadows of the home. Swagger made no great show or secret of his approach, hooves displacing dust in small puffs as he trotted to the window in question.

"Howdy," He greeted with a waving hoof. Back in his own home, surrounded by well intentioned ponies with the same drawl, his own accent was threatening to redouble in strength. He would pay for it when he next had to go to court, but for now it would no doubt make him seem more approachable. "Am I correct in callin' you the young master Chaser, head of this particular farmholdin'?"

Clever Clover' Zebra; Mare; Lecturer of the Scholomance.
Political Swagger, Earth Pony, Stallion, Lesser Noble (Lord) Executed for treason
Cherry Cordial, unicorn mare, unemployed
PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Nov 10 2012, 05:24 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

The yellow pegasus watched the small clouds float by, opting to use this opportunity to clear out his mind. The simplicity is what he loved the most out of times like these- no pressure, no need to worry. Just keeping everything out and taking the view in- until he noticed a very faint bit of dust from the corner of his eye. Turing his gaze to a more level area, the pony noticed a stallion who had approached the farm window, his eyes lit up slightly as the stallion waved and greeted him.

"Hey!" he called, an excited tone in his voice as he leaned out the window and waved. "It's not often somepony comes 'round, why don't you-dah!" he tried to invite Swagger into the house, only to fall out the window and land face first. Standing back up as if nothing happened, the pegasus smiled. "Sorry 'bout that. And yeah, I'm Solar Chaser." he replied happily. His wings perked up as he remembered what he was trying to say.

"Say, you hungry? I just finished cooking and I got plenty to spare." he asked, inviting Swagger into his home. He knew this was unorthodox, but the odds of somepony just stopping by were slim to none, and he wasn't going to pass up this chance to break the lonesome streak.
PM
Vergess
 Posted: Nov 11 2012, 10:28 AM

Advanced Member

Donate

"My, my," Swagger replied with a sly smile. "That's a bit forward of you, invitin' me into your home. Why we've only just met!" He managed to bat his eyelashes profusely for a moment, before losing his grip on the expression, chuckling instead.

"But all considered, it's for the best. I have a proposition of my own for you, and in my experience, propositionin' goes better with a lovely meal and a roof over one's head." He swatted the young stallions bandaged flanks with his tail playfully. "So lead the way my friend, and we will feast on your generosity before discussin' more unfortunate business."

Political Swagger, Earth Pony, Stallion, Lesser Noble (Lord) Executed for treason
PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Nov 15 2012, 11:26 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

"Forward? What?" Solar could only ask in confusion at Swagger's response, but was soon brought to ease when the stallion merely chuckled, laughing alongside him despite not getting the joke. Although he let a very subtle gasp out once the pony had swatted his flanks with his tail, the pony nodded and walked over to the door, trying to open it, only to see it was locked.

"Huh?" he asked himself, only to look to the side, facehoofing himself as he sighed. "Just a moment." he replied, flapping his wings as he zipped through the open window and unlocked the door from the other side and opened it before he prepared a plate full of the improvised meal for Swagger, along with a glass of water.
PM
Vergess
 Posted: Nov 16 2012, 07:11 AM

Advanced Member

Donate

Swagger shook his head with a playful smile, not bothering to answer the pegasus's sputtered questions. He seemed not to care, anyway, since he was already darting off to open doors and prepare meals, living up to his tribe's reputation of being quick, quick, quick. In a matter of only a few long moments, a steaming plate of some kind of baked vegetable pie was set before him.

For only the briefest of moments, Political Swagger considered making cunning use of his hoofikinesis and a spoon, if only to keep up the appearance of being a noblecolt. But in this particular case, that seemed more likely to be detrimental than anything.

And, if he was honest with himself, it was always nice to be able to eat like a pony for once, rather than some stuffy, Nth generation unicorn with a title. So muzzle-to-plate it was, though his bites were dainty and spaced far apart, giving ample time for conversation between.

"This is lovely! I suppose they come from your farm, correct?"

Swagger waited for a response, before pressing onward. "It's always very interesting to me to taste the food a non-earth pony grows. It takes a degree of dedication that, in some ways, I don't think ponies like me can understand. Fighting nature for her bounty rather than having it thrown at you. Most impressive indeed."

PM
Solar Chaser
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 09:08 AM

Advanced Member

Donate

Glad that Swagger was enjoying himself and the meal, Solar got himself a plate and began to have some of the vegetable pie himself. The taste of it was amazing, but the satisfaction of having made it himself was what really took the cake. Taking the bites slowly, Solar listened as Swagger asked him whether or not this came from the farm. "Thanks. It's my parents' farm, but yes." he replied with a smile, waiting for a response. Soon enough, he got one as the pony complimented the dedication it took to work the farm as a pegasus instead of and earth pony.

"T-Thanks.." he thanked the pony as he thought about it. It was tough working the farm, but he knew it would have been a lot tougher if his parents never worked the farm to begin with. "To be honest...I have my parents to thank for that- they worked this farm for so long that guess their magic has made a lasting print on it.” he guessed, unable to help but think about them. He had no clue why they were taken away, nopony told him.
PM
Vergess
 Posted: Nov 26 2012, 01:38 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

"Well it's hardly impossible," Swagger replied, "Magic can be peculiar, and earth pony magic all the more so. But you mustn't sell yourself short, my dear colt! You have a gift that I suspect most pegasi would hardly understand or encourage."

He paused, to take another mouthful of the meal and perhaps let the words settle into the colt's head.

"Which brings me neatly to the reason for my visit." He caught and held eye contact with the pegasus as best he could, making full use of the rather unsettling effect of his blood colored eyes. They were hardly hypnotic, but they certainly could hold attention given the chance.

"Are you familiar with the term 'incorporation'?"

PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat