Start | Stop

A few days after the meteor shower, the mysterious shards have been gathered up by the guards, rebels, and another mysterious faction. However, what to do with them next remains a mystery, as all known texts on their purpose are hopelessly vague. If such a text exists, we don't know where to find it.

Auditions for Chrysalis, Queen of the Changelings are open! Post here to audition!

Auditions for the famous Daring Do are also open!

Six years ago, an unimaginable horror known as Tirek came to Equestria. His power was nigh impossible, requiring the Elements, the Lovers and the Alicorns all to pour their very souls into holding him. In their absence, Prince Blueblood took the crown. But, Blueblood's reign is simply a mask for the Guard's dictatorship, while rebels cling to the idea of a free republic and strange cults tout the value of freedom from any governance. With all this, why would anypony spare a thought for the comet that filled the night sky for weeks before falling?

Weather: Cloudy
Season: Spring
Who's in power right now? Traditionalists
Meteor Collected: 0%
Our Affiliates
Equestrian Legends Twilight of Equestria Journeys Across Equestria: What stories will you discover on your travels?
Wars of Equestria
Pages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Drinking Away the Pain, [Nocturne]
Icefox
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 12:57 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Bits: 60
Member Inventory: View

Donate
Member No.: 1

Awards: 1

Two days had passed since Wishing Star had died, and Snowbird still wasn't taking it well. She was on her third hour sitting at the bar, desperately drinking her sorrows away and wondering if she was ever actually going to get drunk. The four empty bottles on the counter were suggesting 'no.'

"Dammit Starry, you don't get to die on me like this..."

Icefox|| Pegasus || Rebel
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 01:02 PM

Advanced Member

Bits: 54

Donate
Member No.: 3

Awards: None

Nocturne was sitting in the next stool at the bar, and had been watching Snowbird out of the corner of her eye as she drank as if she wanted to die.

He himself had been slowly nursing the same drink for the past three hours, and when he heard her speak, he shook his head, gesturing to the bartender not to give her any more.

"Y'know, there's better ways to mourn a lost loved one."

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 01:10 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Bits: 173

Donate
Member No.: 30

Snow shrugged; she didn't want to deal with anything, she just wanted to drink until she passed out. Celestia knew it would be the only way she would be getting to sleep that night.

"And what would that be? Right now, this is the best thing I can think of."
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 2 2013, 01:16 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Nocturne sighed, reaching out and grabbing her hoof.

"Look, just stop, all right?" he said.

"You're not helping anyone like this. Nothing will change. I don't know whether this... 'Starry' of yours was a pet, a family member, a friend, or your significant other, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want you moping around in a bar trying to drink yourself silly." he told her.

This really struck home with Nocturne; he had lost both of his parents in the war against Tirek six years ago, and he knew for a fact that they would have wanted him to move on and do something productive with his life instead of sitting around drowning himself in alcohol... So he had.

"Look, drink some water, clear your head, go home and get some sleep, okay? And when you wake up tomorrow, think this over. And don't start by drinking."

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 8 2013, 03:33 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Snow shrugged and waved at the bartender, who brought her over the water she really didn't want. She tossed it back anyway and made a bit of a face at the aftertaste. Nothing like alcohol at all. She shrugged again and looked over at Nocturne. Who was this guy, thinking he could tell her what to do? But...He had a point. One night without drinking herself into unconsciousness.

"Fine, fine...Do you know where my house is? Ah can't really remember..."
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 8 2013, 03:58 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Nocturne shook his head.

"I don't even know who you are; there's not a chance I'd know where your house is." he replied.

Looking her over, it seemed almost criminal to send her off into the streets to wander alone until she found her house- after all, who knew what would come upon and take advantage of her?

Nocturne rubbed his eyes.

"Look, I have a spare room at my place; you can spend the night there. I don't want to leave you walking around Canterlot alone at night." he said, tossing back the rest of his drink and dropping some bits on the counter.

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 8 2013, 09:04 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Snow paid off a good chunk of her tab and got to her hooves after a few tries, and ended up leaning on Nocturne to keep her balance.

"Thanks bro...Sorry, I just don't...I loved her, y'know?"
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 9 2013, 12:16 AM

Advanced Member

Donate

"Yeah, I know." Nocturne said.

He knew well the pain of losing a loved one; after all, he'd lost both of his parents in the war. He, however, had never had a significant other, so while he knew how she felt about losing someone, he didn't know the exact brand of pain she was going through.

Even so, he felt an urge to go out of his way to help her, to help her find her way back to a good frame of mind. It hurt him to see someone moping around like a lost puppy, so...

Nocturne started forward, supporting Snowbird on his shoulder as he made his way out of the bar and into the night towards his home.

"So, what's your name? Mine's Nocturne."

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 9 2013, 11:32 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

"'s Snowbird. Nocturne? Cool name. Kinda dark, I like it." Whether she knew it or not, Snow was more than a little drunk and generally had no idea what she was doing. She didn't know why she was hanging our with Nocturne, or whether she had anything better to do with her time, or anything at all for the most part. All she knew was that her home was too empty for her to be there if Starry wasn't there with her.

"So, where we headed?"
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 11 2013, 12:00 AM

Advanced Member

Donate

"Hm... Snowbird... Seems like you'd be an ice queen. Kinda fits." Nocturne said, turning her down another main road.

"As for where we're going, that depends. Do you want a general answer or the specifics?"

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 27 2013, 07:55 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

"General answer. I probably won't remember by morning anyway." Snow relaxed into his grip, trusting him to not steer her wrong. Of course, if he did she would be completely at his mercy, but at this point she wouldn't much care. Just make the hurting stop.
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 27 2013, 10:28 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Nocturne laughed.

"Well then, Miss Snowbird, we are heading in the direction of the Princess Residential Towers. Expensive, but I can afford it." he said, nudging her around the corner and onto another street.

He took extra care to avoid any dark alleys- as adept as he was at dodging blows to himself, he didn't think he could handle a group of thugs on his own while protecting a drunk mare.

Nocturne simply guided her down the street towards his home, keeping an eye out for trouble and humming a little song.

((Song is Garden of Shadows. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3wp2VVhKQ))

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 27 2013, 10:32 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Snowbird chuckled and hummed along slightly off-key, before slowly correcting her pitch. It seemed she was starting to get her bearings again as they came up to Nocturne's tower. She looked up at the monolith and shrugged.

"Not bad, not bad...Still, I wanna show you my place tomorrow, it's way cooler..."
PM
HoundofChaos
 Posted: Mar 27 2013, 10:35 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Nocturne laughed.

"Just wait till you see how much of this place I rent out." he muttered with a grin. He led her to the elevator, pressing the button for the penthouse and waiting for it to rise up. The elevator seemed to stop two floors too early, however, but Nocturne simply smiled.

"Well, welcome to my "pad". Guest bedroom is right this way." he said, leading her into the penthouse.

Indefinite hiatus
PM
Snowbird
 Posted: Mar 27 2013, 10:41 PM

Advanced Member

Donate

Snow smiled and looked around, trying to gauge just how big his apartment was. At least the size of a normal house in the suburbs, and furnished much more nicely. Of course, that meant it was at most a quarter the size of her manor, but she wasn't going to point that out.

"Mmm, very nice place. Want me to cook you dinner? I can cook, more or less..."
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart New TopicStart New Poll

Chat